Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Birmingham Zoo

I decided to take the kids to the zoo this afternoon. The weather was perfect and we had nothing else to do. I renewed our annual membership so I'm sure we'll be there a lot in the next few weeks. All 3 had a blast and were asking to go bed tonight. Success!!

We went straight to the savanna to see our favorites. Just like his sisters, Ethan LOVED them. Every word after seeing them was "zebra." For some reason, all three of my kids enjoyed the zebras the most during their first visits to the zoo.

Look at the zebras, mommy!

Emily asked to see the giraffes first since she drew one at school yesterday.

This ostrich copied Emily when she was doing her dance moves. She was in heaven and could not believe it! I couldn't believe it either. Who knew an ostrich could do ballet??!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love the pictures from the ZOO! It looks like yall had a FULL day - no wonder they were tired and went straight to bed!

I love the EXCITEMENT in Ethan's face!

Allison's hair is SO LONG! Woah! I'm jealous!

Great pictures of ALL 3! (You should teach Emily to take good pictures with your camera so we can see YOU more often!)

Jonathan Kiel said...

Jenn, Thanks for the update!! It's blog update explosion since the last time I was here. (I guess you can actually do that when you don't have to go to the ER 2x per day...)

Thanks for all the pictures. Love you guys and miss you. Tell the kiddos we say hi...