Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Randomness...

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th. Or as Emily says: "America's Birthday." We made a quick trip to Lake Martin for a couple of days. I enjoyed actually soaking up some vitamin D. Thanks Nana for staying inside for nap times. Allison went tubing with her daddy and Aunt Mary Ann. Once again, Em was all talk. She's so animated when she does that. Ethan started another episode of coughing and wheezing while we were there, but he also enjoyed a very long boat ride. The one where all three were "rocked" to sleep on the water. It can't be comfortable in the life jackets but they were all super cute. Mark and a few workers emptied out our storage unit yesterday. The house now looks like we moved in this week! I have a lot of work ahead of me. Ethan had to go to the Afterhours Clinic last night for trouble breathing. I didn't think he was as bad as he was. Oops! He was wheezing when breathing in and breathing out. Not moving air like he should. Not good! We got sent straight back and he got two treatments with extra meds and some oral steroids. He improved so much that they let me bring him home. There was talk of an admission to Children's. I got him to bed around 10:30 and learned that Bella had not been walking on her right hind leg and wimpered every time she was touched around her hip area. Since Mark's car was dead, I loaded Bella in the van and we made a trip to the Emergency Animal Hospital. She was so pitiful with the tech and nurse, BUT when Dr. White Coat walked in she was jumping around on me. Sound familiar?? They went ahead and ordered xrays for diagnostic purposes. Turns out she has hip dysplasia and bilateral deformed tib/fibs (shins). Both are congenital. We got sent home on pain medication and are to follow up with our vet and work out an arthritis maintenance plan. Poor puppy! We made it home around 2:45am. I will post a picture or two from the lake sometime soon, but now it's off to bed. This mommy is tired!! Sorry this post is such a downer....but I have to have record of my crazy night. I sure do love my FOUR babies!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

My daughter had hip dysplasia! LOL! Hope you got some sleep... sounds like a rough day!