Tuesday, June 7, 2011

AMERICAN GIRL

I took Emily to Atlanta for a girls weekend (early birthday). We left Friday afternoon and headed straight to the hotel. We went swimming and then had a late dinner and stayed up way too late due to excitement and anticipation of Saturday's events. We made it to American Girl right at 10 (opening). She picked out look-alike doll #22......can't go wrong with blonde hair and blue eyes. Next was time to shop for clothes (doll and girl) and accessories. I think she tried on about 7 different outfits but I made her narrow it down to 1 dress and 1 set of pajamas. I was also getting her gifts from Nana and Gia so we had to pick out those as well. Next up was the doll's hair appointment at 1230. Insane what some of the other mothers were allowing. I only let her get her hair done, no ear piercing, no manicure/pedicures, and no spa facials. Anyway, we then changed Emily and Libby into their matching dresses and headed to our reservation at the Bistro at 2pm. Then back to hotel for some much needed quiet time, 2 hours at the pool, dinner, painted our fingernails, and earlier bedtime. I had such a wonderful weekend with my biggest girl and we made memories together that will last a lifetime.


Aloha! Kanani is the doll of the year.

waiting patiently for Libby's hair appointment

The salon

No comments: