Friday, February 25, 2011

Ballet Pictures and Cookies

Emily had her dance pictures this afternoon and she did so well. We put her hair in a bun and some "light" makeup and she was ready! Here is a quick shot of her outside before we went in. I'm sure I'll get some better pics at her recital in May. I can't wait to see how the professional pictures turned out. She looked just like a real ballerina! She makes my heart smile ;-).


Since Em spent the night out tonight and daddy doesn't get home until later, Allison and I made some red velvet cookies and we'll do the frosting centers in the morning. Here's my sweet girl after making the "heart" cookies and getting ready for bed.


2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Ok. I don't know if I should admit this or not.... But I just started crying when I pulled up Emily's picture! Woah! What a big girl! She looks like a grown up ballerina! I miss her so much.
And Allison... Are those cookies from her oven or yours? They look tasty! It looks like she has enjoyed her time solo with you... She got to eat some cookies late?! Cute crumbs on her lips!

Jennifer and Mark Kiel said...

they are from my oven. after they cooled off, we used a small heart cookie-cutter. i made the frosting after she went to bed - made them into "sandwiches." maybe they'll be some left in the morning....mark found them!