Thursday, May 7, 2009

WONDERFUL NIGHT!!

Just real quick...... I know I haven't posted any pics yet from yesterday afternoon and today yet but I just HAD to post these now. I went down to see Ethan before I got ready for bed and his nurse asked me if I wanted to hold him. I about lost my balance trying to get the yes out. This was the first time I've gotten to hold him since he was first born and that was only for a minute. I didn't want to put him down but I knew I had to come upstairs and get ready for bed myself and I'll see him again around 4am anyway!! I was telling him good night and that I loved him and he opened his eyes - for the first time - to look up at me. He even had to stretch his little neck to see me since I was at the head of the crib. I have been the happiest I've been in a long time the last few hours. I've got to go to sleep now so I can go back and see him in a couple of hours and so I can be ready for a long day tomorrow of having to go home to my other kids while leaving this angel here (sigh).


Mommy loves you so much sweet baby boy!
Oh, check out the hair!! LOVE it!


5 comments:

Jonathan Kiel said...

That is so awesome! Corrie and I are very thankful for a healthy baby and a healthy momma. Way to go Jenn! Can't wait to meet him and see you guys.

We love y'all

Spencer's said...

I love these pictures of you holding him, kissing him, and his eyes open! Yeah! I cannot wait to hold him. Enjoy going home today not having to be "plugged" up to anything. However, I know it will be hard leaving Ethan behind. ;-( Love ya'll.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!! So glad he is here safe!! God Bless your whole family!!!

BarleyD said...

Congratulations Jennifer he is beautiful!! I am sure that it won't be long that he will be home for the girls to help take care of!!

Mary Ann said...

I WAS THERE for all of that!!!! I am so happy I was able to share that moment with you ... I hate not being there more often, but at least I was there for a first (first time for you to hold him & see his pretty eyes light up)!