Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Precious Baby....

...Ethan was born today. It's been a rough 10 weeks but he is here now, safe and sound. He is admitted to the NICU and will be there for at least 7-10 days. As of now he is on CPAP but they have already started to wean his oxygen levels down and he seems to tolerate it ok. He does not like to be bothered so we can't touch him too much. He does however know his mommy's voice - he has calmed down twice when I was at the bedside just talking softly to him. I have been to visit him every chance I could today. I did take Emily with me before she left and the first thing she told me was "Mommy, we can take him home now." The sweetest thing ever!!!! Well, besides her wanting to sing him his "night-night" songs. We sang Jesus Loves Me and blew him kisses before we left. I was crying all over again. What an emotional day. Mark and I went to visit Ethan tonight and then Mark left to go home and see Bella - she's been kind of neglected the last week or so. I'm so tired but so relieved. Ethan is better off now getting his own specialized treatment instead of being pumped full of drugs that I've been taking the last few months. He is just perfect and we love him more than anything - he has made our family complete and we can't wait to bring him home. Thanks for all the prayers, keep them coming. I'll update again in the next day or so with more pics. I just wish I could hold my little guy. Oh, now we have a deadline for the mommy-wagon............

1 comment:

Jason and Diana said...

Hey Jennifer--So glad that Ethan is here safe and sound! I will be praying for Ethan & your family while he is in the NICU. Congratulations on your baby boy!
Diana