Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I can't believe I don't have more pictures of the family/cousins from Thanksgiving weekend. All 7 cousins were together for 5 days and I have ZERO pics of them together. Lesson learned. Anyway, this year was the Kiel side Thanksgiving. Everyone was together plus a few friends scattered in and out. We have so much to be thankful for.....

As always, Rock Band is the favorite! The kids really got into it this year. So fun!

Ethan just wants to play, too!

The grown-up table at dinner

Oh geez. Mark and I are in trouble. Tutus and microphones....singing Beat It! Emily requests this song (for almost a year) everytime we get the Wii out. She knows all the words. Hilarious!

This was Friday during the Iron Bowl. Becky Barrett (and Jerry) are very dear friends of the Kiel family. Quick story: I flew to Orlando to meet Mark and his family (who were coming from vacation) for an AU bowl game. They hadn't gotten in yet, so Becky and Jerry picked me up. This was about 13 years ago so they were able to greet me at the gate. They had a "Barrett" sign so I would know who they were. At the time, that was my last name too. They took me to Steak & Shake and then to the grocery store and welcomed me into their home. Long story short....we had WAY too much fun that night and we bonded; friendships grew. They came in town for a few days and they got to meet all the kids and we got to visit. Sweetest couple you'll ever meet. Barrett's are smart - right, Jerry? Love you guys!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Looks like Thanksgiving went well! Beautiful table with wonderful people!
Emily and Allison are much better than me on Rock Band, I bet! It looks like so much fun. When we come in town ... can we all play?!
BEAT IT, Eye of the Tiger, and Livin' On a Prayer are the only songs I know!