Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Church Man

The stomach bug is still crazy here but I WILL win!! I have cloroxed until my hands couldn't take it anymore and all the linens and almost all the clothing items are clean and folded! Hopefully we can get rid of the virus soon, especially since my sister's wedding is this upcoming weekend. At least Emily and I are feeling much better and we are the ones that are in the wedding ;-).

I wanted to share a couple of things that Emily said today. I needed them written down so I'll remember to put in her baby book. Emily now sits with us at church until the Children's Moment and then goes to worship care with her friends. The last 4 weekends she has really gotten into going up to the altar and listening to the pastor speak to the children. Many of her school friends and some new church friends go up there and she gets so excited to sit with them but she only sits right next to our senior pastor. When we ask her who she sat next to, she replies "The Church Man." So cute and innocent.

Tonight after prayers and songs before bedtime, Emily said, "I wish Jesus lived here in our house." I told her that since he lives in our hearts, he also lives in our house. She then told me: "I just wish he was here for real, so I can see him." Such a sweet one.

No comments: